Pharmacy Courses or studies are a field of study that focuses on the science and practice of preparing and dispensing medications and learning about the various diseases affecting the human body. It is a field that requires extensive knowledge of the chemical and biological properties of drugs, as well as their interactions with the human body.
As modern medicine advances and medicinal cures to new diseases are found quick successions, the importance of skilled pharmacists is more important than ever. For those looking to learn pharmacy from the best place, they don’t need to look any further than SGT University, in Gurgaon. Because of its stellar faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, SGT University is regularly ranked amongst the best university in Haryana and Delhi NCR.
Why choose Pharmacy?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose pharmacy. These are:
- The field of pharmacy offers excellent career prospects. Pharmacists are in high demand, especially in rural and underserved areas. Additionally, pharmacists can go on to pursue a variety of specialized roles, such as a clinical pharmacists or retail pharmacists.
- Clinically, pharmacists are responsible for providing advice on the safe and effective use of medications, as well as providing drug information and monitoring drug therapy.
- In the retail setting, pharmacists are responsible for the sale of over-the-counter medications, as well as providing information on the safe use and storage of medications.
- Another great thing about pharmacy studies is that it provides a great foundation for further study and training. Pharmacists can go on to pursue a variety of post-graduate studies, such as a doctorate in pharmacy, an MBA in pharmacy, or a master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences. This can open up more advanced career opportunities and provide greater job security and higher salaries.
- Finally, pharmacy studies offer a degree of autonomy and control that is hard to find in other fields. Pharmacists have flexible work hours, and opportunities for higher pay, especially abroad in countries like the USA, Canada, and the UK.
Careers after Pharmacy Courses
Pharmacy is a fascinating and rewarding career, and many students choose to pursue a pharmacy course to enter the field. Pharmacy graduates can enter a variety of sectors and can pursue a wide range of roles, from clinical roles to working in community pharmacies and beyond.
Here are just some of the many career opportunities available to graduates of pharmacy courses:
- Clinical Pharmacist: Clinical pharmacists work in hospitals or other healthcare settings, such as long-term care clinics. Their role is to ensure that all medications are prescribed, prepared, and administered safely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Drug Inspector: A Drug inspector is responsible for ensuring the efficacy, utility, and safety of medications during production.
- Pharmaceutical Marketing: Pharmaceutical marketing is the activity of using medical representatives to advertise, sell, and promote pharmaceuticals to various healthcare sectors and physicians.
- Quality Control and Manufacturing: The main duty of Quality Control and Production is to supervise the daily production line and the manufacture of drugs.
- Industrial Pharmacist: Industrial pharmacists work for companies that manufacture, distribute and dispense prescription drugs. They are responsible for ensuring that all medications are safe and effective, as well as providing advice to other professionals on how to handle drug interactions and side effects.
- Research Pharmacist: Research pharmacists work in research laboratories, developing and testing new drugs. They are involved in the development of new medications and analyzing the safety, efficacy, and stability of existing drugs.
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma) Syllabus
Core and elective subjects are part of the syllabus of B. Pharmacy. The following is a list of several core subjects taught as part of the B. Pharmacy course:
- Advanced Mathematics
- Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education
- Basic Electronics and Computer Applications
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Microbiology
- Remedial Mathematical Biology
To know more about the complete syllabus of B. Pharma at SGT University, check this page.
Why SGT University is one of the best universities in Gurugram for Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma)?
One of the best universities in Gurugram for a Bachelor of Pharmacy (B. Pharma) is SGT University. Here are a few reasons why it is one of the best universities for pharmacy courses:
- SGT College of Pharmacy offers modern amenities including:
- A well-stocked library
- A reading area
- Classrooms that are fully ventilated and centrally air-conditioned
- Smart-interactive class-room blackboards.
- Wifi-enabled campus
- Lush green surrounding including well-maintained gardens
- SGT University has linkages with reputable pharmaceutical businesses and hospitals, thus helping students land internships at reputable places.
- The Pharmacy department at SGT has the following reputable centers:
- Adverse Drug Reaction monitoring center (PvPI) approved by IPC Ghaziabad
- Institutional Ethics Committee approved by CDSCO, New Delhi
- Institutional Review Committee approved by SGT COP
- Our students have been placed in top hospitals and institutions like:
- India Pharmacopoeia Commission, NITI Ayog
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital
- Apollo Hospitals
Pharmacy Courses Offered by SGT University
To know more about various Pharmacy courses offered by SGT University, check this page. https://pharmacy.sgtuniversity.ac.in/pharmacy-courses/