Prof. Vijay Bhalla
Welcome to the SGT College of Pharmacy
Pharmacists are indispensable in the healthcare system and directly affect patient care and health outcomes. As a pharmacist there are professional opportunities in public and private practice within hospitals and community settings, the pharmaceutical industry and government, research, and academia. The training provided in the SGT College of Pharmacy at the SGT University provides the expertise and ability to advance National health Mission through various professional avenues.
SGT College of Pharmacy is home to talented faculty, dedicated students and innovative work environment toward improving medications and medication-related health outcomes.
At the college, we:
- Develop new formulations and processes to manage diseases
- Provide information to policymakers and industry leaders
- We value innovation, learning and the advancement of knowledge
- We value research and its application toward improving the use of medications in society
- We value our students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends like you.
Our outreach has fueled exciting initiatives. Our Pharmacy Paramarsh Kendra, prevention of drug abuse program, our corporate partnerships with pharmaceutical industries, and our massive open teaching learning methodology that help educate all the students with great ease.
The college’s programs are supported by centers of excellence in diverse areas of pharmacy, such as pharmaceutics, pharmacy management, social & rural pharmacy and pharmaceutical care.
Pharmacy students have access to modern classrooms, laboratories and rich section of pharmacy resource materials, with easy access to a wide range of social, cultural, recreational and athletic activities.
SGT College of Pharmacy wants to be a renowned leader in pharmaceutical education, research and pharmacy practice. We are part of one of the most comprehensive health sciences campus in the NCR region with all Medical & paramedical programs.
I invite you; encourage you—whether a prospective student, current student, or alma mater— to discover all our college has to offer.
Prof. Vijay Bhalla
- Vijay Bhalla, Presently working as Director, College of Pharmacy, SGT University, Gurgaon, Haryana
- Bhalla passed Diploma in Pharmacy (1980), Bachelor of Pharmacy ( 1983) , Master of Pharmacy (1985) from University of Delhi, and Ph D in Pharmacy
- Prof Bhalla is a registered Pharmacist since 1980 with Delhi State Pharmacy Council.
- Prof Bhalla has exposure of working for NATIONAL AIDS CONTROL ORGANIZATION (NACO) in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh Projects as Capacity Building Manager & Manager Operations.
- Prof Bhalla has rich experience of working for ESI project SANKALP as Capacity Building Manager in Uttar Pradesh to train work force in the Industries for Prevention and control of HIV AIDS, Life Style Disorders like Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDMS), Obesity and Vector Borne Diseases like Malaria, Dengue, Chickangunia and Japanese Encephalitis.
- Prof Bhalla has served with Pharmaceutical Multinational Organization in various capacities for 18 years with Upjohn, Unichem, Ciba Geigy, Sandoz & Novartis
- Prof Bhalla has more than 10 years of expertise as Faculty member with Dr A K Abdul Kalam Technical University affiliated Educational Institutions imparting Pharmacy Education
- Prof Bhalla is a nominated trainer to Pharmacists for Directorate of Health Services NCT Delhi
- Prof Bhalla is an active member of Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association (IPGA), an association of more than 6000 life members of Pharmacy Graduates from all across the Country. Prof Bhalla is an office bearer for the last five terms.
- Prof Bhalla has been awarded IPGA Fellowship Award 2013 and IPGA Professional Excellence Award 2014.
- Bhalla has guided M Pharmacy students, and published many articles and is editor of IPGA Today
- Prof Bhalla has organized many National conferences and participated in more than 60 National conferences as Chairperson and resource person
Prof. Vijay Bhalla